Sunday, March 20, 2005

I Love my dishwasher!

Yes, I do.

For a long, long time I didn´t have one. I washed everything by hand. With a brush and hot water running.

And of course, when I was bachelor - it sometimes piled up. And when I was living with someone - it was a source of arguments. Somehow I always ended up washing the dishes.

But, when we moved to this current apartment - I was determined that we should have a dishwasher. First we bought one from one store, after a week of waiting - it finally arrived.

Then the clumsy installer managed to turn one screw the wrong way so something broke. He promised to come back "later", but after waiting two days - I called the store and asked them to remove it. They tried to placate me, but I had lost all confidence in them.
We went to another store - and they came and installed a new one. No problem since.

So, right now it is working quietly in the background doing what I used to do. Not fast, but more efficent and the dishes are much cleaner.

And I can sit here and write this.

I do love that machine.

1 comment:

Jonas Wiberg said...

I had one when I was living with my ex girlfriend, I always said it was the best thing I ever bought, because just like you I always ended up doing the dishes...

After we split up I have been without a dishwasher, oh how I miss the days with a silvery dishwasher from Electrolux.