Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Supporter

That seems to be my role in life.

When people are having troubles, things they need to sort out, they turn to me. I am there, helping, comforting, supporting. I am the shoulder to cry on, the safe haven. The friend that don´t ask for anything.

When the good times return, when the good time friends return, then I am not needed, then I am forgotten. Then the smooth talkers are the ones they want to be with. The happy people, those that disappear when troubles comes. They are exciting, they are fun.

Then I am an embarresment. Then my friendship is worth nothing.

Unless they need my support again.

Maybe it is all very natural. Who wants to be reminded of the bad times? Who wants to think that they will need that support again. Why waste the good news, why share the happiness? They still know, I will be there when needed.

Maybe I am wrong. But, sometimes even the supporter needs support. And then there is none.

Yes, this is a gloomy thought, and one I woke up with this morning. Isn´t it fun to be me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jag gillar dig !